A friend of mine asked: “why compromise” as a reply on facebook and it gave me the idea for this long overdue entry.

Well it’s not all about compromising.
All authors benefit from having an editor comment upon their work – noob or pro.
Sure we might not agree on all things, but you can’t expect a publishing house
to spend both their time and money on a novice writer and not have a say. There
is also the reader to think of, they must find the book interesting and easy to
read. If I would only think about myself then why try to get published? Then I
might as well write for my own amusement and let the manuscript collect dust. As
a writing noob I’ve learned tons these last few months. It very easy to become
blind to certain flaws errors in the text – until someone points them out, and
you go: “What a dummy I’ve been, I can’t believe I missed that” ;)

A book can contain thousands of lines and hundreds of jokes, and if and editor what to cut a few, it really isn’t a big deal. Ok - honestly? Sometime it is ;)
“In writing, you must kill all your darlings.” –William Faulkner.
In my experience, however, you have to rape and mutilate your darlings. Killing is the easy part.

I am halfway through Ken Follett’s 1080 page “Pillars of the Earth”and I have to agree
with what a guy wrote online:
“This is what happens when an author gets too famous/influential to listen to his editor – if he even had one.”

The book has been described as a modern masterpiece, sold millions,
and has been voted one of the most loved books in the UK. Personally I find it
awful, and will post a review when I’ve finished.

Ta-ta

Comments

06/10/2015 11:03pm

I totally agree with you. It's always better to have an extra set of eyes (or two!) check your work. There are times when our brains and/or hands fail us. I often find myself typing differently from what I'm thinking. For these human errors, we need somebody to correct us, and that's not really compromising. It's actually a wise move. I'm also with you that the intention behind our works is for others to read it and enjoy it. The most immediate feedback we can get is that from an editor,and while sometimes, their comments can crush our spirits -- they are needed. At least, we'll have an idea on how to make our book/script/text fly.

Education makes us able to earn money from respected sources. We can get a respectful job in a great company on the base of our education career. In this way we can get enough pay to face our life problems.

11/05/2016 7:54am

Ok, I will read this book review later. I would like to know your opinion about it.

12/25/2016 3:43am

I like this post it's precious thanks for sharing

12/28/2016 12:45am

Happy Republic Day 2017 | Images, HD wallpapers, Pictures & Greetings:
Happy Republic Day 2017 Images, HD wallpapers & Pics:

12/28/2016 9:38am

Order custom academic papers that are affordable and meet the parameters of the assignment you have been assigned!

03/01/2017 9:48pm

Google play store is the trusted store to download or install any mobile application for an android User

Walmart Credit Card login is issued by the Synchrony Bank to the Synchrony Bank Account holders those who are fascinated in Credit Card

05/03/2017 1:47am

This article is for the candidates who had registered their names for the TET examination. Here is the AP TET Admit Card 2017.

06/06/2017 3:13am

facetime for PC

06/15/2017 10:54am

Gmail is a champion among the most extensively used email-based web advantage which has more than 1 billion dynamic customers around the globe.

06/15/2017 10:55am

Gmail record is a free email account advantage which is given by none other than Google.

07/02/2017 12:03am

If you're buying attractive attractive and stunning Ludhiana escorts we are able to assist you to. At Divya Rana, we assist you to select the right escorts in Ludhiana and are able to create all of your desires become a reality. We've fashionable, well-educated and pleasant girls who understand how to attract a guy and provide the very best enjoyment which any guy might anticipate to these.

What's happening, very good site you've got here

08/14/2017 1:17am

All of the individuals who actually get loved the escorting solutions provided by escort that is Dehradun would not wait to narrate anyone their encounters that are incredible. Proof can there be that of satisfaction they the kind loved towards the town they'd certainly be returning throughout their nightstands over and over.

08/17/2017 8:47am

great

08/24/2017 12:39am

Cirali Sharma is well-aware of her elegance, which create her more ready. Together with smart speak and her laughter, she'll be the party's celebrity, and you'll have the ability to create the men that are other wish to consider your home. She'll ensure and you'll invest your absolute best period at that occasion. Then you definitely will require somebody, who'll compliment anyone at the moment when you're the main one, who's tossing the celebration.

09/05/2017 7:33am

Peggo is an application that helps you record your favorite YouTube videos. It is one of most popular applications for recording videos into MP3 and MP4.

09/10/2017 4:03am

it's just the correct person who may demonstrate with and your path the escorts, you'll have the same task. It's simply just one meeting's problem that you'll require to alter the mind go about existence. The issues won't just have a seat that is back but will even become your previous as whatever you may have now's an optimistic mindset because it comes to defend myself against any problem.

09/30/2017 3:07am

CVS is popular for providing amazing benefits as compared to various other retail stores. The different benefits offered by CVS are medical and dental insurance, 401K program, employee discount and many others

10/03/2017 6:15am

Why an amazing quantity of girls believe they're Companions and required to Woman! But I recognized why you’re learning my site that's not actual anything behind the story different! Nicely, my goal would be to verify for you the I'm the main one-in-a-million you are able to need Chandigarh independent escorts like me.

10/21/2017 3:34am

It should be noted that whilst ordering papers for sale at paper writing service, you can get unkind attitude. In case you feel that the bureau is trying to cheat you, don't buy term paper from it.

11/06/2017 12:35am

Hi, I like your all publish. You have done amazing perform. Thank you for everything you can offer, it decreased the issue a lot. I want many more details or so from you.